Replacing the venerable Bayou® 250 in Kawasaki’s highly acclaimed ATV lineup, the Brute Force 300 offers wide-ranging utility and sporting capability in a surprisingly affordable package. Here’s an all-around ATV that’s not only loads of fun to ride, but also delivers a high degree of work ethic and everyday versatility, whether you’re fence-fixing on the farm, plowing snow or trail-hopping with the family.
- Liquid-cooled 271cc single-cylinder four-stroke engine offers substantial power and torque, especially at lower rpm levels thanks to optimized engine tuning
- Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with centrifugal clutch offers easy control and a high potential for sporty fun
- ‘Big-ATV’ styling reflects that of Kawasaki’s flagship ATV – the Brute Force 750 4x4i EPS
- Carry racks in front and back hold 44 and 66 pounds, respectively
- Digital instrumentation is easy to read and offers a wide range of on-the-go info
- Heavy-duty steel-tube frame offers significant durability and competent handling characteristics
- Triple-disc brakes are easy to service and offer great power and feel at the levers
- Sturdy off-road tires developed jointly by Maxxis and Kawasaki offer an ideal combination of grip and durability
Four-Stroke Liquid-Cooled Engine
- Liquid-cooled 271cc four-stroke engine is designed for smooth power and optimum longevity
- SOHC engine is dimensionally arranged and tuned for an emphasis on low-end and mid-range power, the rpm range in which it will be used most. This power delivery makes the unit easier to control and ideal for utility and sporting roles
- Engine produces 20-plus horsepower and substantial torque, which ups the sporting and hauling quotients considerably
- Kawasaki Secondary Air system helps minimize emissions, allowing the Brute Force 300 to clear strict EPA and CARB standards
- Polished balancer gear teeth result in precise gear meshing, which contributes to low engine noise
- Air-cleaner duct opening is located high on the chassis, under the handle cover, which helps prevent water, mud, etc. from getting in
CVT and Centrifugal Clutch
- System offers an ideal combination of riding ease and control, especially for first-time ATV riders
- This CVT is based on the same general design used on our flagship ATV – the Brute Force 750 4x4i EPS
- Transmission and belt converter ratios were selected for optimum power delivery and the speed range appropriate for a smaller-displacement ATV
- Ratios provide the ideal amount of engine braking for this class of machine, which makes riding the Brute Force 300 easier in tricky situations
- High-strength CVT belt provides a large degree of durability and longevity
- Bevel gear surfaces benefit from a carbon-nitriding process (and shot-peening treatment) for maximum durability and longevity
- The CVT intake duct is located high on the chassis (under the tail) which helps prevent mud and water getting in
- Handy reverse gear makes slow-speed maneuvering easy
Sporty Yet Durable Chassis
- Steel-tube frame is lightweight and durable, and will withstand a pounding for years of utility or sporty riding
- Chassis hallmarks include excellent handling and straight-line stability, capable cornering characteristics via the wide track, and minimal bump-steer
- Long A-arms and rear axle give the Brute Force 300 one of the widest tracks in its class, which contributes to its ride comfort and exemplary handling manners
- Front track width is 850mm, while the rear track width is 830mm
- Front-to-rear chassis balance is optimized for stable cornering and maximum controllability
- Steering geometry and front and rear suspension settings have been coordinated and optimized for ideal balance, control and stability
- Optimized chassis tuning also contributes to light handling manners at slower speeds, where this unit will spend much of its time
Bodywork and 'Big ATV' Styling
- The Brute Force 300’s durable bodywork was styled after that of Kawasaki’s larger, category-leading Brute Force siblings
- Flush surface fit between the tank, seat and body panels contributes to comfort while aboard as well as a high-quality finish
- Large-volume bodywork (especially the fenders) gives the Brute Force 300 the size of an ATV one class larger, which adds value
Triple Disc Brakes
- Dual 180mm hydraulically activated disc brakes with single-piston calipers provide front wheels with prodigious stopping power
- A third 180mm disc with a similar caliper is featured in back
- A cable-operated parking brake system is also included for extra security when necessary
- Optimized master cylinder ratios offer riders an ideal braking balance between front and rear brakes
Grippy and Durable Off-road Tires
- These traction-maximized tires were developed jointly between Maxxis and Kawasaki
- Featuring optimized off-road grip and durability, these tires offer a blend of performance that’s hard to beat
Carrying and Towing Performance
- Equipped with robust carrying racks front and rear, the Brute Force 300 can carry 44 pounds of gear up front and 66 pounds in back
- Towing capacity is a substantial 500 pounds
- Behind the front grill is space (and a mounting bracket) for a Warn® winch, which greatly improves the unit’s utility and safety
- Front storage compartment is large enough to hold four 16.9-oz. bottles – more than the Brute Force 750 4x4’s front compartment
- A side pocket built into the right fender offers additional storage for smaller items
- Quality digital instrumentation console is ideally positioned and easy to read
- Features include: Speedometer, trip meter, fuel and temperature gauges, clock, and neutral/reverse/high-beam indicators
- The Brute Force 300 features a combination of footpegs and floorboards. The height difference between them is minimized to ensure rider comfort and greater freedom for foot placement
- The floorboards contribute to mud protection, while the holes in the floorboards are just large enough to prevent mud being trapped beneath the rider’s feet
- Small flaps on the front fenders, near the front of the floorboards, further protect the rider from mud and debris
- Front inner fenders help prevent mud from entering and clogging the engine compartment
- 3.2-gallon fuel tank and meager fuel consumption give the Brute Force 300 substantial range
- A DC socket located conveniently on the left side of the handle cover provides quick and easy power for accessories
- Cable-operated parking brake mechanically activates the rear brake without utilizing the braking system’s hydraulics
- Thick, cushioned seat offers a high degree of riding comfort
- Reassuring recoil starter system offers a backup to the convenient electric start system
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single cylinder
- Displacement: 271 cc
- Bore x Stroke: 72.7 x 65.2 mm
- Compression ratio: 11.0:1
- Carburetion: Keihin CVK32
- Ignition: Direct Current CDI
- Transmission: Two-speed automatic with reverse
- Final drive: 2WD, Shaft
- Frame Type: Double cradle, steel
- Front suspension / wheel travel: Double wishbone / 5.2 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Swingarm / 5.6 in.
- Front Tire Size: Maxxix 22x7-10 tubeless
- Rear Tire Size: Maxxis 22x10-10 tubeless
- Front brakes / Rear Brakes: Dual 148 mm discs / Single 148 mm disc
- Overall length: 75.3 in.
- Overall width: 42.5 in.
- Wheelbase: 45.8 in.
- Ground clearance: 6.1 in.
- Seat height: 33.3 in.
- Lighting, headlights: 35 W headlights, 5W tallight and 21 W brake light
- Rack capacity, front / rear: 44 lb. / 66 lb.
- Towing capacity: 500 lb.
- Curb weight: 535.7 lb.
- Fuel capacity: 3.2 gal.
- Instruments: Speedometer, odometer, clock, fuel gauge and coolant temp light
- Color Choices: Aztec Red, Super Black
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Warranty: 12 Months